Learn About Fall Protection Training
This online training course follows OSHA requirements for fall protection training for the construction worker who might be exposed to fall hazards. This program enables the employee to recognize the hazards of falling, and trains them in the procedures to be followed to minimize these hazards. With falls from heights being the leading cause of occupational fatalities, it is not only imperative that employers train their employees, it is also mandated by law, CFR 1926.503. Employers are required to verify compliance with the training requirements and maintain a written certification record.
Who is this course for?
All employees who are, or may be, exposed to falls from heights. It should also be taken by employees previously trained but who may lack the understanding or skill required to protect themselves from falls.
Instructor: Tony DiLorenzo
- The nature of the fall hazards in the work area
- Correct procedures for erecting, maintaining, disassembling and inspecting the fall protection systems to be used
- The use of guardrail systems, personal fall arrest systems, safety net systems, warning line systems, and safety monitoring systems
- The use of controlled access zones
- The role of each employee when using a safety monitoring system
- Limitations on the use of mechanical equipment during the performance of roofing work on low-sloped roofs
- Material handling and storage guidelines are detailed as well as overhead protection requirements
- The employee’s role in a fall protection plan
- Discussion of details of the OSHA Sub-part M standard
- Powerpoint slides