Roofing 101: Roofing Basics for Non-Industry Professionals
Roofing – for most real estate professionals and commercial building owners it is a necessary evil. They can lead to a major source of frustration and aggravation for building owners, buyers and real estate professionals. But, without a roof system a building cannot function.
Roofing systems are among the most important components of a building. They protect the structure, the content and the occupants against nature’s elements. Roofs also provide insulating value for the building envelope. Roof systems are now even converting sunlight into solar power through the use of roof mounted solar arrays!
In order to evaluate existing roof systems or to make a decisions concerning roof system design it is important for real estate professionals, building owners and buyers to understand the basics about roofing. This course provides insight into the basic systems and design options available to non-industry professionals who are responsible for evaluating, managing and making decisions concerning roofing systems.
Do you come across questions like:
1. What is the difference between TPO and PVC membranes?
2. What are single-ply systems and how do they compare to built-up roof systems?
3. How long do commercial roof systems last?
4. What is ice damming?
5. What are the typical deficiencies that are found in most roof systems?
Roofing 101: Roofing Basics for Non-Industry Professionals from Roof Asset Management Inc. offers the student the opportunity to learn more about various types of roof systems including single-ply and built-up commercial assemblies as well as steep sloped applications.
The course will provide key information including:
1. Definitions of roof system types.
2. Pictures of roof system types.
3. Examples of deficiencies found on low-sloped and steep-sloped shingle applications.
Join us for this informative presentation. For those who attend this presentation as a live event, there will be a question and answer session following where attendees can post their questions and the experts on the call will provide feedback.
- The difference between low-sloped and steep-sloped systems.
- Different types of low-sloped roof systems.
- Different types of single-ply roof systems.
- Types of steep-sloped roof systems.
- Types of roof drainage systems.
- Roof system deficiencies – what to look out for.
- REUL of typical roof systems.