- UNLIMITED ACCESS
- Building / Remodeling
- Course Certificate
The New Home Construction Process and Chemical Sensitivity
Since the mid 1990’s, Green building professionals have focused on energy efficiency and global environmental concerns as the driving forces for consumer demands. However, consumers have become discouraged by the green standards because there is no focus on the health of the human occupant. Sick building syndrome, environmental illness, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity…These are real medical issues that families are facing because of the built environment they are surrounded with. With an enormous push into healthier eating, i.e.. gluten-free, low-carb, vegetarian, etc, consumers are now demanding a healthy HOME as well as a healthy body. Everyone CAN build a healthy home…as long as they know what to ask for.
Instructor: Andrew Pace, moderated by GreenHome Institute
Andrew Pace, is an entrepreneur in the Milwaukee suburb of Waukesha, WI. For the past 25 years, Pace has studied and dealt in green and healthy home building and improvement products, and has earned a reputation as a national expert on such products. Along with being profiled in numerous publications, Pace has authored several articles about the construction of healthy homes, which have been published in regional and national magazines, such as Environmental Design & Construction, Ecological Home Ideas, and Paint Dealer magazines. Pace is a columnist and serves as an editorial advisor for Green Building Product Dealer magazine. Pace regularly shares his knowledge through online forums and blogs covering green and healthy home improvement and building topics. Further, his insights have been chronicled in print publications such as Home Improvement Magazine, based in Dallas, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Small Business Times, and others.
- 1 Hour in State Architect / Builder License.GHI_ASSOCIATE_rgb – Copy GBCI Certified Green Professional (NARI & NAHB) AIA(HSW) AIBD CGHP
- Differentiate between Green (VOC’s, etc) and Healthy (Toxins, materials) in buildings
- Know more about construction methods for the welfare of people who have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
- Recognize the key triggers for Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
- Learn How to proceed with safer construction utilizing healthier, less toxic materials and methods
Time: 60 min.
Connect with Instructor
No Reviews found for this course.